Star Trek actress Zoe Saldana went boldly into her cover shoot for the June issue of Allure magazine.”This is the first time I’ve ever shown so much of myself on a shoot, but I felt so beautiful,” said Saldana, referring to photos that find her topless and even nude wearing only a bracelet. “Obviously when you bare your skin for a photo shoot and it’s supposed to be for a prestigious fashion magazine, there’s something that you have to sort of showcase, so we had amazing jeans and amazing accessories,” she added. READ FULL STORY
Style & Design
Tag: Zoe Saldana (1-3 of 3)
Making the media rounds in New York City last week, Kim Kardashian caused quite a stir in her not-quite-maternity clothes. On March 26, Kardashian hit the streets wearing a blush-colored honeycomb dress from Lanvin’s Resort 2013 collection, a look that prompted the New York Post to ask, “What the frock?”
Zoe Saldana was the first star to wear the designer piece, modeling it for photographers on the red carpet at the Trevor Project’s ‘Trevor Live’ event in Los Angeles last December.
Obviously, the dress looks very different on Kim — she had major curves long before she sprouted that baby bump — than it does on Zoe’s slender frame, so I think this decision comes down to the shoes. Kardashian paired her dress with a pair of nude Christian Louboutin stilletos, while Saldana went with Lanvin’s crystal toe-cap pumps.
Who wore Lanvin better? Cast your vote in the poll below! READ FULL STORY
When Zoe Saldana was cast as jazz singer Nina Simone in the upcoming biopic Nina, some wondered how believable the petite actress, who is of Dominican and Puerto Rican descent, could be as the curvy, dark skinned singing legend.
Critics, including Simone’s own daughter, have spoken out against the casting choice. “My mother was raised at a time when she was told her nose was too wide, her skin was too dark,” Lisa Simone Kelly said in an interview with The New York Times. “Appearance-wise this is not the best choice.”
Now, new photos from the set of the biopic show Saldana’s transformation, which includes a prosthetic nose, skin-darkening makeup, and a wardrobe by French costume designer Magali Guidasci. See another pic after the jump and tell us: Does Saldana make a convincing Simone? READ FULL STORY
- 'SNL' recap: 'Anchorman 2' and the boys
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's picks
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Doc Jensen's picks
- 10 best singles of '13: EW picks...
- 10 best movies of '13: Chris Nashawaty picks...
- 10 best movies of '13: Owen Gleiberman picks...
- 10 best nonfiction books of '13: EW picks...
- 10 best fiction books of 2013: EW picks...
Top 5 Most Read
- Paul Rudd and One Direction take on 'Saturday Night Live': Talk about it here!
- Disney's 'Frozen' soundtrack: Ranking all nine original songs
- 10 Best TV Shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's Picks
- Grammy nomination snubs and surprises: Justin Timberlake, Sara Bareilles, Lorde and more
- 10 Best TV Shows of '13: Doc Jensen's Picks