Learn all about Miley Cyrus’ twerking bears, Nicole Richie gets a new hosting gig, why the drug industry is potentially suing a fashion retailer, and more. Read on for all of today’s style and design headlines.
Style & Design
Tag: Nicole Richie (1-9 of 9)
Sorry Fashion Star fans, looks like Jessica Simpson and the gang won’t be back for a third season.
At the Television Critics Association press tour, NBC Entertainment President Bob Greenblatt confirmed that the struggling competition series would be ending its short run. Fashion Star premiered in the beginning of 2012 but suffered some setbacks, starting with the departure of original host and executive producer Elle Macpherson at the end of the first season. British style personality Louise Roe stepped in for the second season, joining mentors Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos. READ FULL STORY
There were nailbiters — Nicole Richie best Tyra Banks by just 23 votes — and there were blowouts — Shakira trounced Mariah — during round 2 of our Reality TV Judge Fashion Face-Off. Now on to the Final Four!
Who deserves the title of “Best Dressed Reality TV Judge” and who should be sent packing? Check out our full bracket here and vote in the polls below to determine who will move on to the Final Face-Off. READ FULL STORY
There were easy victories — Shakira trounced Aguilera — and there were upsets — RuPaul triumphed over JLo — during round 1 of our Reality TV Judge Fashion Face-Off. Now on to round 2!
Who deserves the title of “Best Dressed Reality TV Judge” and who should be sent packing? Check out our full bracket here and vote in the polls below to determine who will move on to the Final Four. READ FULL STORY
Christina Aguilera’s collection of folding fans, JLo’s curve-hugging (midriff-baring, slit-up-to-there, bedazzled) dresses, Nina Garcia’s impeccably tailored designer ensembles. Who deserves the title of “Best Dressed Reality TV Judge” and who should be sent packing? Check out our full bracket here and vote in the polls below to determine who will move on to the next round. Today — the 8 judges in our “Feuding Fashion Plates” conference face off. READ FULL STORY
This week on the red carpet, Zooey Deschanel kept it quirky for a screening of New Girl, Nina Dobrev channeled the Roaring ’20s for the premiere of The Great Gatsby, and Nicole Richie welcomed spring at Balmain’s fashion fête.
Who was best dressed and who was a fashion fail? Let your votes do the talking. READ FULL STORY
First, ABC used the format of NBC’s hit singing show as inspiration for a cooking contest called The Taste. Now that same format is apparently being aped by a homegrown series: Fashion Star, which returns for its second season tonight.
The twist: Each mentor — Nicole Richie, Jessica Simpson, and John Varvatos — will now advise and guide their own team of four designer contestants. The designers will still present their wares to a group of buyers from Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy’s, and Express (which replaces H&M this season), and the designs that sell will still be available to purchase the day after they appear on TV. Eat your heart out, Heidi.
Watch a sneak peek of Fashion Star season 2 below:
She made her big screen debut at the tender age of 9, but 22-year-old actress Sasha Spielberg (yes, that Spielberg) makes her fashion film debut in the Spring 2013 ad campaign for two labels, both helmed by a designer with an equally recognizable last name.
Spielberg stars in “Memory Lane,” the campaign video for Nicole Richie’s Winter Kate and House of Harlow 1960 clothing lines directed by fashion photographer Hugh Lippe.
Richie knew she’d met her latest muse after seeing Spielberg perform with her band, Wardell, in Los Angeles. “When I first met Sasha, I knew immediately she would be perfect for the video,” the Fashion Star judge said in a statement. “Something about the way she carries herself… Sasha truly embodies the Winter Kate and House of Harlow 1960 girl, someone who is confident and fun, yet still a bit reserved and elegant.”
In addition to modeling an array of boho chic ensembles from Richie’s latest collections, Spielberg provided the vocal talents for the video campaign. Click on to watch. READ FULL STORY
- Wrestlers in movies: Best/worst performances
- Comic-Con '14: 20 bonus star portraits
- 'Supernatural,' 'Teen Wolf,' 'Mindy,' more fresh TV spoilers
- When A$AP Rocky went to NSFW Kathy's house...
- Meghan Trainor: Meet pop phenom who's 'All About That Bass'
- 'Bachelor In Paradise': Clare Crawley moves on from Juan Pablo
- 'Outlander': Expect a sexy, smart, stirring romance
- 'Once Upon a Time': Let's guess what's up in first 'Frozen' photos
- STAHP in the name of love 976
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 530
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 462
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
Top 5 Most Read
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Comic-Con '14 Star Portraits: Day 3
- Chris Pratt talks end of 'Parks and Recreation': 'I think people are ready for it to be done'
- Comic-Con '14: 20 Bonus Star Portraits