Christina Aguilera’s collection of folding fans, JLo’s curve-hugging (midriff-baring, slit-up-to-there, bedazzled) dresses, Nina Garcia’s impeccably tailored designer ensembles. Who deserves the title of “Best Dressed Reality TV Judge” and who should be sent packing? Check out our full bracket here and vote in the polls below to determine who will move on to the next round. First up — the 8 judges in our “Dueling Divas” conference.
Style & Design
Tag: Christina Aguilera (1-5 of 5)
The Voice entered the live playoffs last night and you know what that means: flashier sets and costumes for the contestants and judges alike. This time last season we were itching to have a PopStyle intervention with former judge Christina Aguilera who entered the playoffs in American flag pants and pink cornrows that matched a fuzzy fan. How did her replacement, Shakira, step into the live rounds? Read on for the details. READ FULL STORY
A new judge is filling her seat on The Voice, so what’s Christina Aguilera been doing with her free time? Getting a makeunder!
A source tells People that the star enlisted the help of her hair, makeup and styling team to give her a new, toned-down look that reflects a healthier lifestyle.
“Without the grueling production hours Christina can focus… most importantly on herself,” says the source, who adds that X-tina is also eating better and exercising. “It’s amazing what having some personal time can do not only for the body but also for the mind and the spirit.”
The most noticeable part of her transformation? No more rainbow-colored hair extensions. “I get tweets from her fans requesting stuff. But I’ve never had 2,000 Facebook messages praising me,” hairstylist David Babaii says of Christina’s new ‘do. “And I’m like, all I did was use a curling iron!”
What do you think of Christina’s new look? Cast your vote in the poll below! READ FULL STORY
Between The Voice and The X Factor, it was an epic week of reality singing competition finales, but for PopStylers, the real showdown was between age-old rivals Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera.
Normally it’s Aguilera who opts for the plunging neckline, but the “Genie in a Bottle” singer (like how I went with a classic? Forget Lotus) was surprisingly restrained on Tuesday night’s Voice finale. Who knows? Maybe she wanted to redeem herself after last year’s sparkly hot pants debacle. The coach sported jeans, an open drape jacket, and a loose-fitting (!!!) shirt. Top it all off with a blonde bob and a strong red lip, and she looked almost… classy.
Spears, on the other hand, went with a backless bodice dress with sheer front panels by Bottega Veneta, towering over her contestant, 13-year-old Carly Rose Sonenclar, in YSL heels. While I’m a fan of the two tones (if not the bondage vibe), the whole look is made sloppy by the high bun. Come on, Britney! You’re better than this.
Those are my thoughts, but which outfit do you like better? Vote below!
READ FULL STORY
Tonight’s the finale of The Voice, and you know what that means. Forget that a winner will be crowned — does anyone really remember Jermaine Paul? — what I’m talking about is the fact that we will no longer be subjected to the retina-melting ensembles of Christina Aguilera. Keeping track of what Aguilera wore in seasons 1 and 2 was part of the fun, but now, what with the Kool-Aid color hair extensions, the drag queen makeup, and those folding fans, each of her season 3 looks has been more confusing than the last.
We narrowed the awfulness down to the five worst chain-fringed, dip-dyed, fan-fluttering fashion disasters of season 3. Come on, Christina, we know you can do better.
1. I know mullet dresses are in, but Christina looks like a cross between Nicki Minaj and Marie Antoinette in this bizarre get-up.
- 20 most compelling actor/director teams now
- 'Big Brother' recap: Final three houseguests are...
- Sarah Paulson on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'something happens in the very first episode that's crazy'
- 'Red Band Society' debuts: First impressions?
- 'Top Chef Duels' recap: Nyesha Arrington vs. Jennifer Carroll
- Kunal Nayyar sings Boyz II Men on 'Queen Latifah Show': Sneak peek
- 'This Is Where I Leave You' review: Reunited and it feels so...schmaltzy
- 'Survivor' scouting report: John Rocker's plan if he's recognized?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- '7th Heaven' cast, minus Ruthie, reunites
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln says to fear the beard in season 5
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- Frankie of 'Big Brother' says he does not regret pushing the Rewind button and wants to marry Zach