The supermodel began dating Libertines frontman –and self-admitted junkie — Pete Doherty in 2005. Every detail of the couple’s tempestuous relationship was covered by the British tabloids, including photographs that appeared to show Moss snorting cocaine. In the wake of the scandal, “Cocaine Kate” lost lucrative endorsement contracts with Chanel, Burberry, and Rimmel London, but less than a year later she had signed new deals with Roberto Cavalli, Stella McCartney, and Virgin Mobile and was raking in more money than ever. In 2007, TIME magazine named her one of the most influential people in the world.
EW's Special Coverage
Style & Design
Celebrate Kate Moss' 40th birthday with a look back at the supermodel's most memorable moments
(Page 4 of 5)
- 'SNL': How'd Lena Dunham do?
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'True Detective': Fun fan sites
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- 'Bachelor': Clare and Juan Pablo find wedding song?
- TV pilot season: 10 trends for fall
- Stephen Colbert visits Jimmy Fallon: 'Truth or Truth?'
Top 5 Most Read
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- Box office update: '300: Rise of an Empire' obliterates competition with a $17.7 million Friday