The supermodel began dating Libertines frontman –and self-admitted junkie — Pete Doherty in 2005. Every detail of the couple’s tempestuous relationship was covered by the British tabloids, including photographs that appeared to show Moss snorting cocaine. In the wake of the scandal, “Cocaine Kate” lost lucrative endorsement contracts with Chanel, Burberry, and Rimmel London, but less than a year later she had signed new deals with Roberto Cavalli, Stella McCartney, and Virgin Mobile and was raking in more money than ever. In 2007, TIME magazine named her one of the most influential people in the world.
EW's Special Coverage
Style & Design
Celebrate Kate Moss' 40th birthday with a look back at the supermodel's most memorable moments
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan: Why we're rooting for her
- Katy Perry: Queen of the pop-art charts in 'This Is How We Do'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' review: Idiots delight
- Robert Kirkman: I know fates of 'Walking Dead' characters
- 'Dog Day Afternoon': Meet man who lived it in new documentary
- 'Into the Woods' teaser: No one sings, everyone wishes
- E.T. phone 911: See trailer for alien horror film 'Extraterrestrial'
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman EW portraits