The supermodel began dating Libertines frontman –and self-admitted junkie — Pete Doherty in 2005. Every detail of the couple’s tempestuous relationship was covered by the British tabloids, including photographs that appeared to show Moss snorting cocaine. In the wake of the scandal, “Cocaine Kate” lost lucrative endorsement contracts with Chanel, Burberry, and Rimmel London, but less than a year later she had signed new deals with Roberto Cavalli, Stella McCartney, and Virgin Mobile and was raking in more money than ever. In 2007, TIME magazine named her one of the most influential people in the world.
EW's Special Coverage
Style & Design
Celebrate Kate Moss' 40th birthday with a look back at the supermodel's most memorable moments
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: Chris Pratt rides with some raptors
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read: Ellen Page as Han Solo, Jessica Alba as Leia
- Spider-Woman: How cool is this new costume?
- Stephen Colbert's 6 most awkward in-character interviews
- 'Survivor': Anyone else enraged by that 'wicked stepmother' speech?
- 'Survivor' final five speaks (and blasts Reed)
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 'Fargo' season 2 scoop, including a peek at a page from the premiere's script
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst reacts to the winner, Reed's harsh comments, and the entire season
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln talks 'cruel' twist and reveals the true meaning behind the 'shut…
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' finale: And the winner is...
- 'Survivor' season finale recap: The Right Person Won
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Jeff Probst gives exclusive intel on NEXT season