The supermodel began dating Libertines frontman –and self-admitted junkie — Pete Doherty in 2005. Every detail of the couple’s tempestuous relationship was covered by the British tabloids, including photographs that appeared to show Moss snorting cocaine. In the wake of the scandal, “Cocaine Kate” lost lucrative endorsement contracts with Chanel, Burberry, and Rimmel London, but less than a year later she had signed new deals with Roberto Cavalli, Stella McCartney, and Virgin Mobile and was raking in more money than ever. In 2007, TIME magazine named her one of the most influential people in the world.
EW's Special Coverage
Style & Design
Celebrate Kate Moss' 40th birthday with a look back at the supermodel's most memorable moments
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Office' series finale: Handled with Carell
- 'Animal': Feast your eyes on horror poster/trailer
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- 'The Office' creator Greg Daniels reflects on finale: How they hid Steve Carell from NBC