The supermodel began dating Libertines frontman –and self-admitted junkie — Pete Doherty in 2005. Every detail of the couple’s tempestuous relationship was covered by the British tabloids, including photographs that appeared to show Moss snorting cocaine. In the wake of the scandal, “Cocaine Kate” lost lucrative endorsement contracts with Chanel, Burberry, and Rimmel London, but less than a year later she had signed new deals with Roberto Cavalli, Stella McCartney, and Virgin Mobile and was raking in more money than ever. In 2007, TIME magazine named her one of the most influential people in the world.
EW's Special Coverage
Style & Design
Celebrate Kate Moss' 40th birthday with a look back at the supermodel's most memorable moments
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 'Red Band Society' production halted after 13 episodes
- 'Survivor'; 'Red Band Society'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst (plus a tease and deleted scene)
- 'Making of Peter Pan Live': 5 things we learned
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister
- Thanksgiving family movie nights: Our most awkward choices...and yours?
- 'Arrow' preview: Laurel dresses the part of Black Canary, but 'a mask does not a hero make'