The supermodel began dating Libertines frontman –and self-admitted junkie — Pete Doherty in 2005. Every detail of the couple’s tempestuous relationship was covered by the British tabloids, including photographs that appeared to show Moss snorting cocaine. In the wake of the scandal, “Cocaine Kate” lost lucrative endorsement contracts with Chanel, Burberry, and Rimmel London, but less than a year later she had signed new deals with Roberto Cavalli, Stella McCartney, and Virgin Mobile and was raking in more money than ever. In 2007, TIME magazine named her one of the most influential people in the world.
EW's Special Coverage
Style & Design
Celebrate Kate Moss' 40th birthday with a look back at the supermodel's most memorable moments
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- Halloween 2014: EW's favorite celebrity costumes
- 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Clive Barker is back from the dead--and his 'Nightbreed' is reborn
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying