Keeping It Real
The working set is complete with fully stocked fridge, drawers packed with utensils, and an array of “little things like that allow our actors to interact with the space, be involved with the set, and not be restricted by a fake [appliances] or anything like that,” explains Bennett. One thing that’s not real — the faux granite countertops. What would viewers be most surprised to learn about the Dunphy kitchen set? “That it’s on a soundstage,” says Kasch. “Honestly I watched the show for three years before I worked on it and I would have thought they were filming on location.”
Style & Design
'Modern Family': A behind-the-scenes tour of the Dunphys' kitchen
(Page 2 of 5)
Keeping It Real
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Crossed'
- American Music Awards winners are... (Updated)
- American Music Awards 2014 style: What the stars wore
- 'Walking Dead': Seth Gilliam on where Father Gabriel is going
- 'Jurassic World' teases Thanksgiving trailer: 3 nods to 'Jurassic Park'
- 'Homeland'; 'Newsroom'; 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'; 'Bob's Burgers'; 'Comeback'; more recaps
- 'SNL' recap: Cameron Diaz is a 'Back Home Baller'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
Top 5 Most Read
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Times Change: 'Jurassic World' teases with three homages to Steven Spielberg's original
- 'Saturday Night Live' recap: 'Cameron Diaz and Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars'
- Bodies of Work: 49 Unforgettable Nude Scenes
- 'Hunger Games': Take the EW Trivia Quiz (Part 1)!