When it came to working with Josh Brolin, who plays Squad leader Sgt. John O’Mara, Zophres knew what to expect. “I did No Country for Old Men and True Grit with Josh. He’s a guy who doesn’t care about as much what he looks like, he’s utilitarian,” the costume designer explains. The one wardrobe item Brolin did take pride in? “He loved wearing the fedora.”
EW's Special Coverage
Style & Design
'Gangster Squad' costume designer on dressing Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone and Sean Penn
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' recap: 'Edward Mordrake, Part 2'
- 'Survivor' recap: The price of rice is right?
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst and an exclusive deleted scene
- 'Arrow'; 'Nashville'; 'Top Chef'; 'The 100'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- 'South Park' react: Attack of the drones
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- Stand-up comics endure hell gigs and live to tell the tales on EW's 'Polished'
- Cookie Monster spoofs 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'