“Kat’s Jenny Packham dress had fringe, and she was shaking it and wriggling all around,” remembers Hitzges, who matched the intricately beaded frock with glittery heels from Rene Coavilla. “It was as if you had an Oscar gown, but shorter. [She had] a really expensive, really well-designed, glamorous moment, but there was just a little more room to play.”
EW's Special Coverage
Style & Design
The stars of 'Smash' put on the glitz for their EW cover shoot -- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS
- Caleb talks 'Big Brother': I'd have taken Derrick to final and 'I would have won'
- 'Disney Infinity 2.0': Marvel at the expanded possibilities now in play
- Oscar buzz: Sizing up the contenders after Toronto
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- Ernie Hudson tells us 'Ghostbusters' stories at key NYC locations
- 'Key and Peele' see alien invaders' true colors in season 4 sneak peek
- 'Grey's' is the new 'Orange': Ellen Pompeo and Co. share fun photo
- Danai Gurira talks 'Walking Dead': 'The Michonne wig transforms me'