“Jennifer looked like she had legs [that went on] forever,” Hitzges says of Hudson (in a Haute Hippie gown), who added a few inches to her frame with a pair of Manolo Blahnik peep toe d’Orsays. “They were all listening to Whitney Houston’s “I Want to Dance With Somebody,” and at one point, all three of them harmonized. I was chasing Jennifer Hudson with a safety pin to try to fix the dress and I just looked up and thought, ‘This is my job. I get to hear these people [sing].’”
EW's Special Coverage
Style & Design
The stars of 'Smash' put on the glitz for their EW cover shoot -- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS
- 'Fargo' premiere: Martin Freeman talks THAT scene
- Movie-inspired TV: Best/worst
- TV stars with multiple signature roles
- Fargo? Twin Peaks? Movie/TV surreal estate guide
- 'New Girl' recap: 'Big News'
- 'Voice' recap: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Kaufman!
- 'Originals' react: 'The Big Uneasy'
- 'Mindy Project' recap: The case of the missing scarf
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Paul Walker's brothers joining production
- 'Game of Thrones': Joffrey wedding crowns new piracy record
- George R.R. Martin on why [spoiler] died THAT way -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Game of Thrones': Jack Gleeson talks royal wedding shocker -- EXCLUSIVE
- Tina Fey and Robert Carlock on '30 Rock' finale, and why they screened 'iCarly'