“Jennifer looked like she had legs [that went on] forever,” Hitzges says of Hudson (in a Haute Hippie gown), who added a few inches to her frame with a pair of Manolo Blahnik peep toe d’Orsays. “They were all listening to Whitney Houston’s “I Want to Dance With Somebody,” and at one point, all three of them harmonized. I was chasing Jennifer Hudson with a safety pin to try to fix the dress and I just looked up and thought, ‘This is my job. I get to hear these people [sing].'”
EW's Special Coverage
Style & Design
The stars of 'Smash' put on the glitz for their EW cover shoot -- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS
- Super Bowl ads of 2015: Watch the early arrivals here
- 'Vampire Diaries' date night? Watch Damon ask Elena out in sneak peek
- 'Empire' is on fire, but should we be sweating burn-out?
- 'Party Down South' season 3 peek: Meet Hannah, the new hell-raiser
- 'Parenthood': 10 best episodes
- 'Game of Thrones' creators watching the show in IMAX: Why it's 'the way it's really meant to be seen'
- 'Walking Dead': Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita super-intense in new photos
- 'Bachelor' seminar: Prof. Jimmy Kimmel breaks down Chris Soules' response to Britt
Top 5 Most Read
- Jimmy Kimmel breaks down Chris Soules' speech from 'The Bachelor'
- Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita look super-intense in new 'Walking Dead' photos -- exclusive
- 'Grey's Anatomy' boss teases new doctors and new relationships
- 'Walking Dead' actor joins 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
- 'Arrow' star Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'It's messy'