“Jennifer looked like she had legs [that went on] forever,” Hitzges says of Hudson (in a Haute Hippie gown), who added a few inches to her frame with a pair of Manolo Blahnik peep toe d’Orsays. “They were all listening to Whitney Houston’s “I Want to Dance With Somebody,” and at one point, all three of them harmonized. I was chasing Jennifer Hudson with a safety pin to try to fix the dress and I just looked up and thought, ‘This is my job. I get to hear these people [sing].'”
EW's Special Coverage
Style & Design
The stars of 'Smash' put on the glitz for their EW cover shoot -- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Game of Thrones' season 5: 7 rumors debunked
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- HBO comedy 'Togetherness' heads for the beach in First Look photo
- Meet Julie Meyer on new episode of EW's 'Polished': Actress gets Zen about the Hollywood grind
- Stephen Amell and Co. preview 'Arrow': Will Oliver find out about Thea-Malcolm partnership?
- 'Agents of SHIELD' First Look: Adrianne Palicki as Mockingbird
- Eliza Taylor talks Clarke's outlook as 'The 100' resumes: 'a lot of self-doubt and blame'